Girls at a child club supported by ActionAid in Nepal

Charity gifts: where your money goes

Gift categories: where your money goes

Coronavirus gifts

Money raised from coronavirus gifts will go to ActionAid's Coronavirus Emergency appeal. This fund supports our work responding to the pandemic around the world - providing essential protective equipment and tools so we can stop the spread and save lives.

90% of your gift is reserved for the Coronavirus Emergency appeal fund and 10% of your total donation will go to our Emergency Action fund to support any additional emergencies, so that we are able to respond quickly and effectively.

Emergency gifts and Back to school gifts

Money raised from Emergency and Back to school gifts will be distributed to ActionAid's Emergency Action Fund (80%). The fund is reserved solely for our work in emergencies, ensuring we are ready to respond quickly with aid and support when the worst happens.

The remaining 20% of your gift will help us maintain and administer our Gifts in Action, find more supporters like you, and work wherever the need is greatest worldwide.

Beekeeping gifts

Purchasing a beekeeping gift will help farmers in Kenya receive the training and tools they need to set up beekeeping businesses, so that they can support their families and protect the natural environment. 80% of your gift will fund beekeeping projects in Kenya.

The remaining 20% of your gift will help us maintain and administer our Gifts in Action, find more supporters like you, and work wherever the need is greatest worldwide.

Animal gifts

All Animal gifts will fund our livestock projects in Burundi and help ensure food and financial security for women and their families.

80% of your gift will go to the Burundi livestock fund and the remaining 20% will help us maintain and administer our Gifts in Action, find more supporters like you, and work wherever the need is greatest worldwide.

More ways to help

Making your donation flexible

If you choose to, you can make your donation flexible, so it can fund any of ActionAid’s vital work around the world.

This means that rather than funding a specific project (like, for example, our livestock projects in Burundi) your donation could be used across any of ActionAid's work around the world, wherever the need is greatest.

Topping up your gift 

If you'd like to, you can top up your gift with an optional donation.

We would be so grateful for your donation, which will help fund our life-changing work supporting women and girls around the world, wherever the need is greatest.

Page updated 13 October 2021